Friday, May 7, 2010

New hair




So, this is my hair before and after. I've been wanting to do something different for AGES! But, I just haven't went and did anything. I was driving by the hair place today, and just pulled in. I knew I wanted real short, John Paul didn't want it cut at all, so this is what I ended up with. It's the same hair cut I've had many times in the past, but this time instead of feeling cool and chic, I feel like I look a lot older. O well.

I've been feeling really really blue lately, lots of reasons I'm trying not to dwell on. But, I think I was thinking a big change might make things better, but they just made things worse. John Paul's trying to be nice about it, but he's sad I got it cut. I'm trying to be happy about it but it just doesn't feel like I wanted. I wanted the fun crazy Dana back. I used to be so cool, and now I'm just blah. I used to have fun style, now I'm wearing blah clothes. I used to have such a flair for life, and lately I feel like I'm just checking off day by day. I'm just present, not changing. Why cry today, because I can't stop myself.

3 comments:

Ganny said...

Come on Dana. You can feel blue or you can feel happy.. Which makes you feel better???????? Dwell on good things, and put the little things in the garbage. I love the haircut!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Your haircut is darling. A pixie cut would be cute too. For some reason boys like long hair...I haven't figured that one out yet. And I can empathize with your blah feelings. It sounds like you are transitioning to a full fledged grown-up. But I won't beat yourself up about it! You're still the same spunky Dana. It is just hard to find a balance between the two, but you will. Hang in there!

Arin and Troy said...

I think the new cut looks fresh and super cute! I LOVE IT! Welcome to the world of growing up and feeling blah from time to time. You will pull through it and continue to be the fun, spunky, full of life Fibby that you have always been! :)