Sunday, April 5, 2009

Changes

So, I've been stressing out about moving for months now, and though it's hard, I can't make a plan. Not knowing where we are going, and exactly when we will have to be there makes it hard to make a plan. So, here I am letting go of the worry. (I am starting to collect paper boxes from work though)

With the release of stress about that, I've decided to make some other changes. John Paul requested that I grow my hair out and stop dyeing it, so for the past 2ish years, I've gotten just barely trims and let it revert back to what I used to think was blah brown, but I've come to realize I do have a lil bit of natural highlight. I secretly want to go back to the pixie cut, because I mean, a dot of shampoo, then a dab of gel and you're done... but that's a no go, so...

The other day a real cute gal came in with a big poster board she needed laminated. I sent her over to the copy center. I noticed she was over there a little while later, and that her sign said $10 off perms. That got me thinking about getting a body wave. Something to give my fine thin hair a lil volume. I tried this about 3 years ago, and got the 80's fro perm. I know now they need to use BIG rollers. John Paul thinks it would be nice. When I wanna do something sweet for him I sleep in foam rollers to make my hair curly. He REALLY likes that, so I don't have to worry about him liking it. I'm just worried about if I will like it really.

I know I don't want that look again. Just when I decided to not worry about something else!

I'm thinking about taking these pictures in. What I don't want and what I'm thinking about. What do you think?

2 comments:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

love the idea, but it's actually very difficult next to impossible to get a look like that with a perm. most of those types of styles are done with flat iron curls or big big rollers or natural curl. if you do go route though try to find someone who is ultra creative and innovative in their techniques because a traditional wrap with traditional no matter how big won't give you that look. sorry. :( good luck though with the change; changing hair, location, etc. is always very liberating. let me know what you decide. :)

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I like the pixie cut idea! Good luck..and remember that you will look good whatever you decide.