Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This Easter season was probably the weirdest in years. I don't think it was really talked about at church, since most of the cool stuff happens on Sunday. I missed the little kids with the palm branches. I missed Easter Sunday getting to church early for a big breakfast, and decorating the cross on the lawn with flowers.

I love John Paul, and as I'm learning I think that the Seventh Day Adventist Church has the right idea in a lot of things. Right now I'm just missing fellowship. I'm missing that feeling like being part of a family.

Each church has different cultures I know. It's just a hard transition. Fellowship was always a favorite part of mine. To go to a denomination that isn't as good at it's hard. O well

I did have a great time talking with my mom on Easter Sunday. She didn't feel well so I went to visit her while dad was at church. It was nice to have some time just the two of us.

Ganny put on a great meal at her house. The kids table is still fun. John Paul, Roger and I have a great time laughing at the "adult" table.

"The Group" had a get together Friday night. It was a great time. It's always fun to get together with them. We played a lot of Guitar Hero (or some similar game) with all the band members. Jay, the host, had created a rock star who looked like Mr. Stephens (the math teacher from high school) It was sooooooo funny everytime we got a glimpse of him!

I think the highlight of the weekend for me might have been Saturday afternoon. John Paul got a new gun at the gun show the weekend before, and was antsy to shoot, so we went out with his dad for some target practice. Not only was my gun easier for me to physically shoot, but I was also a pretty good shot. We had a roughly humanoid size tree trunk, with a lil orange target roughly where the heart was. I didn't hit the orange target, but if it'da been a real guy, he wouldn't be walking out of the house with our TV! (that's the goal)

-Just an aside, I'm not going to do anything exciting with my hair. I figured blah boring might be better than icky mistake!

No comments: