Monday, July 6, 2009

Belated father's day



My Dad! First I gotta say sorry, for the delay, but I thought the pictures would add a lot.

Dad taught me a lot about life. Honesty, integrity, hard work ethic, and above all a love for the Lord. He can tell good jokes and stories, and he's distilled his wisdom down into many little sayings. A few of those sayings include: The only things that work are time and consistency. If you're not moving forward, you're moving backward, there's no such thing as standing still.

It's funny. I know he has tons of sayings, but I can only think of those 2. Not that the others aren't good lol.

I admire dad's wisdom. It seems that no matter what situation I find myself in, he can always help out. The amazing thing isn't that he tells me what to do, as much as he helps me think it through, so I come to the answer. That's something lately that I've really noticed. In all the big decisions I've made over the past several years he's never really said do this or that, instead he asks what I'm thinking over, and asks questions that help lead me to an answer.

I'm truely a blessed daughter to have such a good daddy!

No comments: