Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bakery

So, today was day #2 of work. I got to decorate some cakes, and put out all the fresh baked bread. I'm doing good about not lusting after the sugary yummy things we sell. I was worried about that actually, as sugar is my weakness. Today, I had no problem working with the icing, and had a GREAT time! I did on the other hand really really want to bring home a loaf of bread, but we don't really eat a lot bread so I left it at the store.

I'm nervous about the next time I go in. The full time people have all moved on, (today was the last one's last day) So, now the bakery is staffed with people doing part time. Even the manager of the dept, is a temporary rotating baker. we will see how it turns out.

Tomorrow I'm going to the quilt show with my mum-in-law. She came down, cause it's the biggest show in the country I think. It's international. I'm excited! Maybe I'll remember/ be allowed to take pictures!

1 comment:

Arin and Troy said...

I am glad to hear that your first 2 days were a success! That's awesome that you are already getting to decorate some cakes!

P.S. You are lucky that next week is Troy's mom's birthday. And why does that make you lucky? Because I have to go to the post office to mail her gift which means....I will FINALLY be mailing your wedding gift!! Give me another year for your house warming present though, I still havent found what I am looking for. :)