Thursday, October 8, 2009

So.. lately

Last weekend was our 1 year anniversary. We went to a FANCY steakhouse, and had the best steaks of our lives, and spent the nite in a great deal on a hotel (love name your own price) Saved about $80 bucks! Then we went to a gun show, and saw the toy story double feature. We had a lot of fun, and it was great to think back on the last year. A friend from church said that it would be our worst, and let's hope so! It was hard, but we both survived!

Since then I've had an informal interview, and a real interview. No idea really what they thought of me. Hoping to get a call, but still sending out my resume like it's water. Really, I send it out at a minimum of 3x a day. I've been looking since the middle of august, I've applied to A TON of jobs. Not crying, but would really like a job.

My mother-in-law will be down sometime next week to go to a HUGE quilt show. Maybe I will get to go with her if I'm still unemployed. I want to spend time with her, but I really want a job too. Wow, that's next week. Time's creeping along fast.

I've been having a GREAT time going to bible study with the ladies at the Nazarene church. Wed. mornings we meet to do a Beth Moore bible study about the Patriarchs (watch a video and discuss) but the most exciting thing the last 2 weeks is a small group of us have been going to filmings of Beth Moore's new study on Revelations. It's so awesome for lots of reasons. 1. more time with Godly women is never bad. 2. there are about 3200 women at the study on Tuesdays Wow! 3. Nothing like worshiping with that many people. 4. I'm spending time out of the house with others 5. Growing closer to God is always so exciting!

So, I'm busy mostly, but can't wait to have my mother-in-law visit for company!

You should visit me too!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Holy Cow I can't believe it has been a year already...time really flies...Happy Late Anniversary!

Arin and Troy said...

Thats funny because I was just telling Roger last week that I still needed to mail your wedding present. I told him that I read somewhere that it was appropriate to send gifts within the first year. I guess I am passed the deadline! Oh well, better late than never, right??!! :) Happy Anniversary! Maybe you will get your present within the first 2 years!