Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

So, living so near to Louisiana I've heard more about Mardi Gras than ever before, and so that got me thinking about Lent.

I'd never given anything up for Lent, cause it never really made sense to me. This year, I'm finding I'm eating LARGE amounts of things I shouldn't, in secret. Whole boxes of Little Debbies, frozen cookie dough among other things.

So, I'm giving up crazy processed sweetness for Lent. My thought is every time I pine for some fudge rounds, I'll just think about Jesus' sacrifice for me. That's the point right? And I need the serious time to pray about this problem. John Paul doesn't get it, nor does he really know just how much food I hide around. I think all my stashes are gone, save one bag of brownies I have frozen. Those are going to work.

So, today I'm kindof suprised how much I already want to just pretend I didn't decide to do this. But, posting it where someone else will (may) read it I'm hoping will add another layer to I NEED to make this change in my life. I know it will help me feel better, and I'm thinking about Jesus more that I have recently, and that's been an awesome needed change too!

1 comment:

Ganny said...

I think I will join you. I went to the grocery store yesterday. I purchased milk(healthy) three bananas,one to eat, two to ruin. (healthy) carton of strawberries.(healthy and also delicious) two boxes doughnut sticks (unhealthy, and not really that good) package of high dollar chocolate pinwheels( sinful enough to die for) three packages of frozen Apple Turnovers.( again sinfully delicious but) unhealthy.) loaf of Sara Lee Potato bread, half to eat, and half to go stale. Two cartons of Blue Bunny vanilla ice cream, not too bad, I get sugar to give me energy, and milk to provide me calcium. four Tee sirts to go to Haiti, and two packaged of bias tape. Do I get an A# for my shopping ability?