Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Visit home

So, last week I had the opportunity to have several days off, and I took it! I went home to visit. John Paul didn't have the time off, so he hung out here. He told me it was nice to be alone, but he was glad when I came back. He's pretty sweet when he wants to be.

The trip home was great (no I didn't take pictures, I don't know why). I got to eat at Braum's. No one makes milkshakes, french fries, or burgers like Braum's!! I visited lots of lovely family and friends. I got to listen to good radio, drive on 2 lane highways, randomly bump into people I knew, have a conversation while blocking both lanes of a dirt road, and be encouraged by lots of people that love me!

It was so good to meet up with everyone I'd been missing so long. It's funny, I think talking about being happy with what's going on in the here and now came up with everybody. Going home was nice, and I didn't want to come back to Houston, but I feel so much better about being here in Houston. I may not run into someone who knows my name while I'm out and about, or get hugs from anyone but John Paul, but I can live here and be ok. Which is such a blessing, because for such a long time I thought I would scream if we couldn't move somewhere nicer, smaller, closer to people we know and 100 other things that Houston isn't. We have lovely friends here, which I'm so thankful for. That helps most of all with being ok.

I had such awesome ideas of how I was going to convey the awesome mental refreshing that I had visiting OK, but somehow it was so much more awesome in my head on the long drive home. O well.

No comments: