Sunday, February 1, 2009

bumming weekend

Last weekend we had a zillion things to do, and enjoyed every single one of them. This weekend, I had a friend coming in from Stillwater, and a anti-Super Bowl party at the knitting store. John Paul decided he should take the gun he got last weekend home and test it out. So, it sounded like I would be busy, but I'm finding I have a lot of boring time on my hands lol!

I baked a lot. I made bread for a church fundraiser, and brownies and fudge for the super bowl party. I can't wait to go to that in a few hours. I'm going to get help on a pair of socks I'm knitting, and work on my Leia hat, which I've got almost nothing done on. I lost my pizazz for it quickly!

It's strange being married. This week I spent a lot of time cooped up in the house with John Paul because of the weather. (which turned off to be 60 just a day or two later. crazy Oklahoma) He doesn't do cooped up in the house well. I was having a great time cooking, playing the wii, and surfing the net. He was hating being inside, so we took a walk to Auto Zone. About 5 blocks, which was fun in the sleet! I had spiked things I put on my shoes to not fall.

So, My thought was, we were cooped up together and he was grumpy. When he decided to go to Chickasha for the weekend I was like good riddance for about 5 minutes. I realize that even if he's a little annoying some times when he gets bored, I'd rather have him nagging me about something to do, than not have him around at all. I can't wait for him to get back tonight!!!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I can't believe you are even married....but it is fun to read about your adventures and adjustments.

katwalk said...

Dana I slip over to your blog and it's great to see what life has given you I glad your enjoying it Texas you're going to Texas that should be a good adventure and the weather should be warmer and the hat thats great I wish I had one for Jeff's baby Skye Walker it just seems fitting Your cute Dana stay that way oh and it is hard to believe your married