Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Life, the Universe, and Everything

So, the title is the 3rd book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy that has 4 books in it. (don't ask, I don't get it either) Silly books if you have time to read. Fun movie if you don't...

That was a random intro to my boring blog. I talked to Ganny to day and she commented on my blog drought, so I thought I'd take a few minutes and vent stresses ect.

Last weekend I had "The Group" over. There were 11 people in our little house. Friends from high school, and a few people they brought with them. John Paul has been friends with these people since being in the same 4th grade class. It was ablast to have everyone over. I wish I'da taken pictures, because there were 6 people spooning in our middle room all night. For some reason they didn't wanna split up to have more room. They left the engaged couple alone, minus the lucky guy who got the couch.

The best part for me was making breakfast for everyone. Homemade (from a whole wheat mix) biscuits, gravy and scrabled eggs. It was good to a: Make breakfast (JP doesn't like much more than cereal, which is sad b: make food that was enjoyed c: I cooked and other girls did the dishes!!

I've been finding a lot of joy in preparing meals. Last night I made chicken fried steak, mashed potatos and gravy. So bad for us, but so yummy!


This weekend I'm heading to OKC for a friends bridal shower. I'm the Matron of Honor, and that been stressing me out a little. I've been working on planning her personal shower, which isn't goign to be that big of a deal, but I always work myself up over wanting it to all be perfect. I'm getting way excited about making her a cake!!

The stress of moving is always in the back of my mind.JP called to see what the relocation department will do to help us move, and they said he had a job, but his exact location hasn't been finalized, so we are 90% sure it will be in Houston. I just wish we had a plan for when we're moving, going on vacation, and when he will start working.

I know who by worrying can add a single minute to his life, but I'm having a hard time embracing that scripture.

God will provide a plan, but it will be in His time. It's just hard that my brain doesn't always work at His pace, which I'm probably glad of.

No comments: