Sunday, February 15, 2009

You think you have him...


But I do. The most wonderful Husband in the whole world.

It's crazy how much our relationship has changed over just the last four months. Even though we had been dating almost 6 years, getting married was far different than I would have thought.

The first month or so was so stressful. Figuring out how to deal with all our stuff in one little house, and how to spend any time together after classes and during a job search.

After the holidays, and even before John Paul has become such a wonderful husband.

If I need help around the house, I just have to leave him a note and he'll do chores. He may refuse to handwash dishes, but I've only done a few loads of laundry in the past few months. He's taken the time to talk to me, and do things I like to do.

He's picked up a marriage book that someone gave us when we got married, and started reading it without me asking/forcing him to. He's said thank you for all the things I though he was taking for granted, and even for things I didn't know were important to him.

For Valentines, he made plans around things I'd been asking him to do for a long time. We ordered in a heart shaped pizza, and watched a movie that I'd been wanting to watch with him for months. Before dinner, he took me to the flea market. He doesn't enjoy them, but he knows that I do. He didn't complain the whole time, and even bought me some pretty wooden roses.

You may think your hubby is wonderful and perfect, and I hope you do, but I'm still voting that my husband is the best in the world, because he's mine.

4 comments:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

what a sweet tribute! i'm glad that there are so many wonderful husbands to go around, and i'm glad we both snagged one. :)

Arin and Troy said...

I'm glad you found a keeper because you deserve it! Thank you John Paul for making our Fibby so happy! :) But I'm sorry to say, that my husband is definately the best! lol

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Ah what a sweet post, I love the title!

Ganny said...

I think you all have good husbands Love Ganny