Monday, November 16, 2009

Soo.... since my last blog...

I realized there's a big hole here in what's really been going on in my life lol!

Just a brief story. The bakery was fun the first oh, 3-4 days I'd say. they started scheduling me alone with out to do lists, and the managers expected me to know how to do everything, and couldn't really help when I had questions. This on top of the fact that I had to drive 25 miles to this job made me seek a transfer. I put in the paperwork, and the next day, or maybe the day after a girl came up to the counter and said she was there to interview! I put in my app back at Staples when I got home. I'd been in there earlier in the week and they needed help.

The next day I came in and found that they had hired her. I knew they didn't have enough hours for both of us, and luckily Staples called. I'm working as a cashier there, and am happy. It's less than 10 miles, the people are nice, and it doesn't matter that they didn't train me cause I already knew what was going on. The super downside is we can't go home for Thanksgiving, because I gotta be there for Black Friday. I'm nervous about being a cashier, last year I just gave out the high priced things to people with receipts, and that was scary enough!

The upside to the Thanksgiving thing is, this past weekend there was a big craft fair at our community center (around the block from us) and so a lot of the neighbors had garage sales. I walked up and down the street chatting with people. I'd been a bad neighbor and think I'd talked to someone on the street like 3x in the whole 3-4 months we'd been here. Anyway, made cookies and took them next door and invited them over for dinner. They couldn't make it but asked if we got to go home for Thanksgiving. when we said no, they invited us over to their house. Seems like a lot of people on our street are transplants from other places, and won't be going home either. I'm SUPER excited to meet the neighbors, even if we may be in different stages of life. It will be good to be a part of a group eating a big meal. I was a little depressed thinking of what I was going to make for the day, knowing how well JP and I eat leftovers. Yay for community!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Oh Fibby thanks for the update...I have been wondering how things were working out for you. Since you never blog, I never know what is happening anymore. I think it is great that you will be able to have Thanksgiving with your neighbors. It will be nice to get to know them, plus you will get to celebrate with out making a feast for 2. Good luck on Black Friday. I actually look forward to the craziness at Target, but for the 1st time in 6 years I am not scheduled to work it!!

Ganny said...

It sounds like things are going better.It will be good to meet the neighbors. Love Ya'