Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend fun

Most weekends are spent laying around watching tv, asking each other "what do you want to do? I don't know, what do you want to do?" we rarely have any ideas, but this morning was different. I was checking my e-mail, and saw an ad for a civil war re-enactment. We decided to go, and headed out.

I would post pics of how awesome it was, except bright me looked in my purse and saw my camera case, but didn't check to see if the camera was inside.. oops, it's sitting right here next to the computer where I left it after posting pics of halloween lol!

Yes, life is so boring I don't need my camera for months on end!

The re-enactment was neat. Lots of cool costumes, billowing smoke from cannons, and PERFECT WEATHER! Yesterday it was rainy, today it was 70 and clear. It was held at an old plantation about an hour out of town. It was so amazing. There were big oak trees that had limbs that hung almost to the ground. They were covered in ferns and moss! It was soooooooo awesome. The house was all decorated with period furnishings, and there were ladies with big hoop skirts all around telling about each room. Fun!

I'm making a cake for a guy at work's birthday. I'd been wanting to make a staples easy button for a long time, and didn't ever find the time or the need. I thought it would be a good way to fit in at the store, and I love to bake!

Sad the weekend is over!

2 comments:

Ganny said...

Sounds like you had a great time. The cake sounds interesting. This has been a blah sort of day here. I went to church, came home and had a baloney sandwich for lunch. Spent most of the afternoon watching TV, and most I had already seen. I am hoping tomorrow will bring more productive things. I hope to see Dr. Clift tomorrow. My eyes have been aching and am having bad headaches. want to be sure it is not from the surgery.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend and I am sure the cake was a great idea. Offering food usual makes instant friends!