Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas time is coming to town...

Life has been crazy the last month or so!

I looked over my camera to see what interesting things I could show for my big lack of blogging lol!

I went to Stillwater for about 24 hours over homecoming weekend. It was a great time with old friends. I left before the game to avoid traffic. Little did I think I would be LEAVING when everyone else was coming. It was soooo good to see seas of people wearing orange. For never having school spirit before in my life, it's strange to miss orange as much as I do. lol!


This is the only picture I have from the reception at home. John Paul's dad took some great pictures. I need to have him make us a copy. If we look tired, it's because we were. My parents did a wonderful job helping set up! I'm so lucky to have them. Hopefully they feel the same about us.

We aren't very decorative around our house. We did get a decoration from John Paul's grandma. It plays music and lights up. Someone suggested we take it out of the box, but it's tree shaped this way. We weren't planning on getting a tree.
Until, I went to wal-greens. These cute little guys were dry as a bone and all squished on a shelf. I had to do a plant rescue mission. It hurts me to know those little guys I left behind would probably wilt away if they didn't have the strong cellulose structures making it rigid.
In other news, Tuesday we celebrated 2 months being married. Well, we said happy two months lol!

We got a sleep number bed about a month ago. It's fabulous!! I really am sleeping better. Mostly it's the bed, and a little bit it's I'm now used to fighting over the covers and rolling over into someone in the night lol

Thanksgiving was fun. We survived 2 meals, and enjoyed spending time with our families. We did have to leave kind of early because I got to work the big day after thanksgiving sale. Luckily I had what I thought was the best job in the store. I got to hand out the high demand items to people after they had purchased them. Not only did I avoid the stress of a register, I was able to make sure that the stock stayed correct!

I am learning my happiness in marriage is directly related to how many piles of stuff there are. The first month was pretty rough, but i got the thank yous sent, and then was able to sort organize and store the abundance of gifts we received. They last boxes went to the shed last week, and it's soooo much better to live in this tiny house. At least it's full of love!

No comments: