Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This is the most different Christmas I've ever experienced. John Paul is still sleeping soundly in bed. Instead of getting up early and helping Dad make a big breakfast before mom gets home, I just made some biscuits, from a box no less. No eggs, sausage, gravy or the other fixings of Christmas past. No unwrapping of gifts for that matter either.

Last night John Paul took me out to a FANCY steak dinner for Christmas. I've been asking to go out for a meal there for about a year, so it was a thoughtful gift. The steak was great, the appetizer cheese tray was wonderful, but the best part was the lava cake. *drools* They bake it fresh for you. So, you have to order it when you get your food. What a treat!

When John Paul gets up, He'll open his one gift, and we will lay around the rest of the day. We brought home leftovers from the Christmas dinner at my house last weekend, and tomorrow we will head down to Texas to have Christmas with his family at his aunt's house.

Even though there's no breakfast and stacks of presents today, I know it will be a great day. We will play with the Wii my mom gave us last weekend, and spend some no pressure to do anything else time together. What a treat!!!

Merry Christmas, and may your days be filled with peace and love!

No comments: