Monday, December 15, 2008

the only little kids who like me, and their sister who doesn't















So, these are the Clift twins. They will be 3 in June. They belong to a couple who I went to church with in Chickasha, as well as the husband was one of my favorite high school teachers. Mr. Clift (he taught math in case you had him)

When I was a senior, his wife Lisa had a miscarriage, and I could see on her face week to week the pain that she was going through. So I began to pray that God would bring a child into their life. 3 years later, He brought the boys, Aaron and Jacob to the Clifts.

They are such a reminder that God does hear our prayers and answers. It may not be in our timing, or exactly how we expected, but He is loving and faithful.

So every time I see the boys it is a really happy time. The Clifts came up to the farm show and they took us out to dinner. They have a baby sister who was born in March. She doesn't really like me, but that's ok. There are 2 little boys who think I'm pretty neat.

They came over to the house before dinner, and we played and wrestled for about 45 minutes. I had a great time, other than they were sooooooo loud! Talking to Lisa after dinner she said I'd be a great mom, and that was just crazy and scary.

Since Friday night I've been having I'm going to be/am a mom nightmares. It's aweful. I'm so glad a lot of wonderful people out there are excited about being a mom, but I'm just not one of those people.

So, I guess the main thought is God is good, it's exciting to be loved, but I'm not ready for little ones yet!

No comments: