Monday, December 8, 2008

I had a day, and I won $100!

So Friday was a great day. Things went good at work, John Paul came to visit me while I was there. We accepted a job offer for him, and it was exciting. After work I hung out with my crazy friend Ellen, and had a great time. We met a friend of hers for a drink then went to the City of Tulsa's christmas party for their employees. (Ellen works for the parks dept.) Well, they had a drawing and I won the grand prize $100. It would have been an awesome day anyway, but man the money lifted my spirits!



The next day John Paul and I went to the gun show in town and spent it and more getting me my very own revolver and most everyone we were lacking's Christmas gifts. We had a great time together. I love the weekends when we get to spend more than 5 minutes together!

To cap the weekend off, I went to a women's ministry christmas party. Instead of dirty santa gifts we did a cookie exchange with the same rules. It was so much fun! The men's ministry group served us tacos (good even with fake hamburger) I got a really yummy gooey bar recipe. I thought I'd share since I could lol

Magic Cookie Bars

1 3/4 Stick margarine
2 C Graham cracker crumbs
12 Oz Chocolate chips
2 C Coconut
2 C pecans
2 cans sweetened condensed milk

Melt margerine in a 9 X13 pan in oven. Sprinkle grahms into melted butter. Mix well and pat down evenly in bottom of pan. Next layer chocolate, coconut, then pecans. Top with Sweetened condensed milk.

Bake at 350 for 25 mins

Cool or refrigerate before cutting into squares.

yummy gooey goodness!

1 comment:

Arin and Troy said...

Lucky you! I wish I could win $100! :) Sounds like life is going good with you guys. Are you going to provide more details about John Paul's new job?