Monday, August 10, 2009

My Parents Visit!






Mom and dad came down for a few days because it was Mom's vacation, and she brought dad with her. We had a great time, shopping, eating, sight seeing, and did I mention eating?

We took a little cruise on the bay down. It was so great sitting on the top deck, feeling the ocean (bay) breezes, and watching the jellyfish. We passed a boardwalk that had rides and such, I'm sure at one point in my life I would have begged to go, but that didn't happen. I must be getting old.

We toured the Bluebell Ice Cream factory. That was really neat, watching them squirt ice cream into little tubs. We were really ready for our complimentary scoop by the end. We all tried Nutty chocolate, which was chocolate with many different types of nuts in it, some of which were chocolate covered. It was really good.

In the same town as the factory, we did a bit of antiquing but the best part of the day was stopping in a little soda shop for something cold because it was HOT outside. I got another scoop of ice cream (yes, I ate a lot of ice cream, but it was the birthplace of Bluebell so I thought it fitting) I had the BEST ICE CREAM I'VE EVER EATEN! Southern Blackberry cobbler!!! Vanilla with swirls of blackberry goop and pie crust chunks. OMG!! We looked for it at every grocery store, when I finally found it almost a week later at wal-greens I did a little dance in the aisle, and tried to get everyone in line and the checker to go buy a carton and try it. (did I mention I had to dig through the freezer to find it? It was behind several cartons of cookies and creme lol)

Mostly, after that we did a lot of shopping and hung out at the house. Dad was such a good sport shopping. Wish I'd snapped his picture while sitting outside on the benches with the bags.

I'm sad they are gone. The house is so big and empty during the day, but I guess that will get fixed this afternoon. John Paul's parents will be coming in for a few days too!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

That ice cream sounds delicious..I wish they sold it out here....